FOCUS ON MICROSCOPY 2018
Singapore, March 25-28, 2018
30th International Conference on Confocal Microscopy
31st International Conference on 3D Image Processing in Microscopy
The detailed program of FOM2018 is now available on the website http://focusonmicroscopy.org >> program
where also the registration is open and hotel information available.
FOM2018, Singapore will be the next in a series of unique interdisciplinary meetings on advanced multi-dimensional light microscopy and image processing. The conference will take place at:
The Singapore Expo (SingEx venues), Convention and Exhibition centre
Max Atria – Singapore Expo
1 Expo Drive #02-01, Singapore 486150
The program on Sunday 25 March will be similar to the previous conference Sunday program with (free) tutorials starting at 10:30 hrs. After lunch regular sessions will begin at 14:00 hrs followed by a Flash poster presentation session at 16:00 hrs. The Plenary opening session will start around 17:30 hrs followed by a Welcome reception.
Tutorial workshops will take place in the morning on Sunday March 25 from 10:30 to 12:45. Attendance free for registered participants.
Subjects and speakers are:
- Optical Design
P. Török (Imperial College London, United Kingdom)
- Live- and Fixed-Cell Super-Resolution Microscopy Enabled by Open-Source Analytics in ImageJ
R. Henriques (University College London, United Kingdom)
- Computational Microscopy
G. Barbastathis (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States)
- Micro-Manager: Open Source Software for Microscope Image Acquisition: What Can It Do for You?
N. Stuurman, R.D. Vale (Univ. of California, San Francisco/Howard
FOM2018 in Singapore is the continuation of a yearly conference series (since 1988) on the latest innovations and developments in mostly optical microscopy and their application in biology, medicine, and materials sciences.
Key topics are:
– Theory and practice of confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopy
– Super-resolution, nanoscopy imaging: from PSF engineering (4pi, SIM, STED), fluorescent activation/quenching, stochastic/centroid (PALM, STORM, GSDIM, SOFI and related techniques) to TIRF
– 3D and 4D live cell and tissue imaging
– Adaptive optics for microscopy
– Light sheet microscopy
– Phase/interference based microscopies
– OCT, holographic, endoscopy
– Advanced fluorescence imaging/spectroscopy: FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS
– New fluorescence probes, proteins, quantum dots, single molecule imaging
– Clearing and expansion techniques.
– Coherent non-linear microscopies: SHG, THG, SFG, CARS.
– Multi-dimensional fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy imaging
– Correlated light/electron microscopy
– Laser manipulation and tracking, photo-activation
– OCT, endoscopy
– Fast acquisition, automated and high-content microscopy
– 3D image processing and visualization for multidimensional data
At the 2018 conference the topic “ Progress in Quantitative Bioimaging” will receive special attention. The conference series is in addition known for covering the rapid development of advanced fluorescence labeling techniques for (super)- resolution and multi-photon 3D imaging of -live- biological specimens.
For further details please visit the FOCUS ON MICROSCOPY website: www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org. There in addition to general information this year’s scientific program together with those of previous FOM conferences – from 2004 onwards – can be found via the link “Past conferences”.
|Deadline for early registration||February 23, 2018|
|FOM2018 Conference||March 25 – 28, 2018|
|Easter Sunday 2018||April 1, 2018|
If you wish to be kept informed please leave your email address at www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org/stayinformed.
Welcoming you to Singapore for the FOM2018 conference and exhibition,
the FOM2018 organizers:
- Thorsten Wohland, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Fred Brakenhoff, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands