|Dept. Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Centre for Cell Imaging (CCI)|
|Utrecht University, FVM|
ing E. van ‘t Veld
ing. R. Bleumink
dr. B. Gadella
prof. dr. B.Helms
dr. X. de Haan
prof. dr. A.de Bruin
|Live cell Imaging
Wide field fluorescence imaging
|Our research conducted at the CCI is very diverse yet (mostly) applies to the research focus areas defined by the veterinary faculty. Areas of interest include studies on the mechanisms by which hosts combat infections, defined in the focus area SIB (strategic infection biology). Studies on endosomal/vacuolar systems of host cells (especially dendritic cells) and influence on these organelles by pathogens (virusses, bacteria) cover the focus of a large group of users in the facility. Another group of users focuses on fertility, reproduction and embryo development. A third group of users studies regeneration mechanisms in relation to tumor development and embryogenesis.|
|1. van Niel G, Wubbolts R, Ten Broeke T, Buschow SI, Ossendorp FA, Melief CJ, Raposo G, van Balkom BW, and Stoorvogel W. 2006. Dendritic cells regulate exposure of MHC class II at their plasma membrane by oligoubiquitination. Immunity 25(6):885-94.
2. ten Broeke T, de Graaff A, van’t Veld EM, Wauben MHM, Stoorvogel W, and Wubbolts R. 2010. Trafficking of MHC class II in dendritic cells is dependent on but not regulated by degradation of its associated invariant chain. Traffic 11(3):324-31.
3. Broeke T, Niel GV, Wauben MHM, Wubbolts R, Stoorvogel W, ten Broeke T, and van Niel G. 2011. Endosomally stored MHC class II does not contribute to antigen presentation by dendritic cells at inflammatory conditions. Traffic 12(8):1025-36.
4. Buschow SI, Nolte-’t Hoen ENM, van Niel G, Pols MS, ten Broeke T, Lauwen M, Ossendorp F, et al. 2009. MHC II in dendritic cells is targeted to lysosomes or T cell-induced exosomes via distinct multivesicular body pathways. Traffic 10(10):1528-42.
5. Hagemeijer MC, Vonk AM, Monastyrska I, Rottier PJM, and de Haan CAM. 2012. Visualizing coronavirus RNA synthesis in time using click chemistry. Journal of virology:JVI.07207-11-.
6. Hagemeijer MCM, Ulasli M, Vonk AM, Reggiori F, Rottier PJM, and de Haan CAM. 2011. Mobility and interactions of coronavirus nonstructural protein 4. Journal of virology 85(9):4572-7.
7. Tryfonidou MA, Lunstrum GP, Hendriks K, Riemers FM, Wubbolts R, Hazewinkel HAW, Degnin CR, and Horton WA. 2011. Novel type II collagen reporter mice: New tool for assessing collagen 2α1 expression in vivo and in vitro. Developmental dynamics 240(3):663-73.
|– Leica SPE-II on a DMI4000, automated xy table, software LAS
-JPK Nanowizard II Atomic Force Microscope mounted onto Nikon Eclipse Ti with Biocell (temp/CO2 control), anti-vibration unit
– Bio-Rad 2100MP multiphoton microscope on a NIKON TE300 (Tsunami fs pulsed), DDS 4x, GaAsPMT 1x, Lasersharp software
– Olympus BX60 widefield fluorescence microscope, CCD (Leica) LAS-AF software
– Upright manual Leica DM-RE, CCD: Photometrics Coolsnap FX, Iplab software (Hazebuster decovolution)
– Upright manual Leica DM-RA, CCD: Diagnostic Instruments, Software: Genus cytogenetic analyses package