|Biomedical Imaging Group Rotterdam|
|Dr. Molewaterplein 50|
|Image processing, image analysis, pattern recognition, cell tracking, particle tracking, neuron tracing, motion analysis|
|The goal of our research is to develop advanced image processing and analysis methods to enable efficient, accurate, and reproducible quantification and characterization of cellular and molecular dynamic processes. This is accomplished by:
* Developing advanced algorithms for image restoration, enhancement, and super-resolution.
* Developing model-based methods for image segmentation, registration, detection, tracking, and analysis.
* Making efficient and robust implementations of the developed algorithms in the form of user-friendly software tools.
* Carrying out thorough evaluations of the methods by means of computer simulations and comparisons with human experts.
* Assessing the practical value of the methods by using them to answer biologically relevant research questions in collaboration with biologists.
|* C. Ortiz de Solórzano, A. Muñoz-Barrutia, E. Meijering, M. Kozubek. Toward a Morphodynamic Model of the Cell: Signal Processing for Cell Modeling. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine 32(1):20-29, January 2015.
* N. Chenouard, I. Smal, F. de Chaumont, M. Maska, et al., J. C. Olivo-Marin, E. Meijering. Objective Comparison of Particle Tracking Methods. Nature Methods 11(3):281-289, March 2014.
* E. Meijering. Cell Segmentation: 50 Years Down the Road. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine 29(5):140-145, September 2012.
* O. Dzyubachyk, J. Essers, W. A. van Cappellen, C. Baldeyron, A. Inagaki, W. J. Niessen, E. Meijering. Automated Analysis of Time-Lapse Fluorescence Microscopy Images: From Live Cell Images to Intracellular Foci. Bioinformatics 26(19):2424-2430, October 2010.
* E. Meijering. Neuron Tracing in Perspective. Cytometry Part A 77(7):693-704, July 2010.
* I. Smal, I. Grigoriev, A. Akhmanova, W. J. Niessen, E. Meijering. Microtubule Dynamics Analysis using Kymographs and Variable-Rate Particle Filters. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 19(7):1861-1876, July 2010.
* E. Meijering, O. Dzyubachyk, I. Smal, W. A. van Cappellen. Tracking in Cell and Developmental Biology. Seminars in Cell and Developmental Biology 20(8):894-902, October 2009.
|Optical Imaging Centre (OIC): http://www.erasmusmc.nl/oic/|
|MolMed course “Microscopic Image Analysis: From Theory to Practice”.|
|“Introduction to Digital Image Analysis” as part of the annual MolMed/OIC course “In Vivo Imaging: From Molecule to Organism”.|